View more of my work at...

http://www.limelightcaptured.com/

Veiw your proofs and my most recent work...

http://l5sterling.zenfolio.com/

Tuesday, November 4, 2008



OUR BIG NEWS!
Sunday was our family’s annual Christmas ornament exchange. Usually we exchange ornaments on Thanksgiving but this year my little sister Hayley, and her husband Ben, are vacationing in South Africa for Ben’s 30th birthday so they will not be here for Thanksgiving. Before dinner Hayley and Ben brought out 2 Red glitter boxes and asked everyone to sit down. Ray and I received a box and my mom received a box. We were all asked to watch a DVD …Words and magical sounding music came on the screen. It had Tinker Bell and a night time back drop of Peter pan with snow falling. The words said…


“Think of a wonderful thought, any happy little thought, this Christmas, Pack your bags, you are going to ENGLAND!!!!!”


We all were stunned! My mom and I both cried! We then opened our boxes which contained plane tickets, a full itinerary and gift certificates for 6 nights at the Sofitel St. James in London and 3 nights at the Headland Hotel in New Quay with full ocean view rooms! This is the Hotel where Roald Dahl’s movie “The Witches” was filmed! They also included a 2 week stay for our dog Molly at a pet spa!!! My dad was in on the surprise and presented us with train tickets for our transportation from town to town, 3 nights at the White Hart Hotel in Kingston. $100 for Piper to spend at the Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre, tickets to Hampton Court Palace, A gift Certificate for Ray and himself to a Brewery Tour while my mom, Piper and I attend high tea!

For those of you who don’t know my youngest sister Elyse is finishing her last year of college in Kingston, England (just outside of London) So we will be able to spend Christmas with her! Hayley and Ben will not be coming with us…they are visiting Elyse for a few days on there way back from Africa.

We are still stunned!!! What an amazing gift! It is such a unbelievable opportunity for us…I am not sure if there are words to express just how truly excited and grateful we are!!!!


2 comments:

Darcy said...

Oh Lauren, you are going to have an amazing time!!! W O W !!!!!

Amanda said...

That is a remarkable story. I can't wait to see pictures when you return. What great memories you will make this holiday season!